Support the MONICA & DAVID Accessibility Fund
We’d like to make the film user-friendly for all audiences, but need your support to make this happen. The Accessibility Fund will pay for:
- Audio Description of the film for people who are blind & vision impaired
- Closed Captioning for people who are deaf & hearing impaired
- Website enhancement for the blind & vision impaired
- Audio described DVD Menu, to help navigate with ease
- Spanish language versions of principal Audio Description & Closed Captioning of the film
DONATE ONLINE c/o our fiscal agent, United Way of Miami-Dade
A personal note from the filmmaker:
“Before making this film and beginning to reach out to leaders in the disability community, I myself didn’t understand the importance of accessibility, especially when it comes to film and entertainment. But I now understand that I cannot fight for change and opportunity for Monica and David without asking the same for all individuals with disabilities. It’s about basic human rights, and common courtesy.”
What is Audio Description?
Audio Description (AD) provides a verbal version of the visual image. It’s a narration of all the visual elements-action, costumes, settings, images-of theater, television/film, museum exhibitions, and other events. To sample some audio described content, visit: ACB Radio (www.acbradio.org).