On December 13, 2006, the United Nations formally agreed on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the first human rights treaty of the 21st century.
Global Facts from UN Enable
- 650 million people—10% of the world’s population—live with a disability
- 80% of people with disabilities live in developing countries.
- 90% of children with disabilities do not attend school.
- In developing countries, 80% to 90% of adults with disabilities are unemployed, in industrialized countries the figure is between 50% to 70%.
- Women and girls with disabilities are particularly vulnerable to abuse.
Stories and more facts from around the world—from model organizations and individuals, to worst-case examples of how far we still have to go.
Visit our See Film section to learn more about Festivals and distribution around the world.Go to See Film
What You Can Do Now
Help us Build Global Perspectives
Do you know of resources, including statistics and organizations outside the U.S.? Please email your suggestions.
Submit a story on YouTube
If you have a great short video to share, please post it on YouTube, and send us a link. We’ll pick our favorites and post them on this website!! We’re looking for stories of individuals with disabilities in the community, dreaming of the future, and love stories.
Are we coming to your City or Country?
Please reach out if we’re heading your way and you want to introduce us to local organizations or resources.