Monica and David’s is just one story. Learn More about adults with disabilities, Take Action, and become a part of the change. Of course, we hope that your first step is to see the film.
- Join The Discussion: Download the free Discussion Guides & visit this website on October 14th for video Q&A with David, Monica & filmmaker, Ali Codina.
- Watch & Share: Join our Video Community. See sidebar column for more details.
- Donate: The Accessibility Fund will help make the website & film available to individuals who are deaf, blind, or visually impaired.
- Volunteer: Join Best Buddies, sign up for a NDSS Buddy Walk, or visit our U.S. Resource page for more ideas.
- Stay connected: Join the ongoing discussion on Facebook & Sign Up for the monthly e-newsletter. Don’t worry, we won’t share our list, but you’ll get updates on DVD sales, international TV, festivals, news from Monica and David, and any legislation in the U.S.
Help Create Jobs
- Are you an Employer? Consider hiring a person with a disability. When you interview candidates, remain open-minded and creative about each individual’s strengths and abilities.
- Do you work in the community? Become an internal champion by encouraging your employer to hire a person with a disability. Once that person is hired, introduce them to co-workers & your work-place dynamics.
- Do you frequent a business or shop? Encourage them to hire a person with a disability, by explaining that it’s a smart business decision. 92% of consumers feel favorable toward companies that hire people with disabilities.
Visit the U.S. Resource Page for national organizations who can help get you started.
Browse Learn More for more stats on employment for people with disabilities.
Watch & Share:
Join our Video Community
Watch videos about people with disabilities from around the world.
Have a story to share? Post a 30-90 second clip on YouTube, and send us a link. Or share a link to your favorite YouTube videos from or about people with disabilities. We’ll pick our favorites and feature new ones regularly.
Organizing a Screening of your own
We’ve been getting requests from many of you who want to bring MONICA & DAVID to your business, community, school or organization.
U.S. Screenings: We encourage you to tune into HBO to watch with friends, family and colleagues. For larger private screenings, schools & organizations, or if you don’t have HBO—this Spring 2011, we will launch the Institutional DVD. The DVD will feature deleted scenes, extras & an educational discussion guide. Through the Accessibility Fund, we are striving to raise donations to make this fully accessible, including an audio described DVD menu. In the Summer 2011, the Consumer DVD will be on sale. Both DVDs will include closed captioning and audio description of the documentary.
international Screenings: Please visit our Screenings & TV/DVD pages for updates on distribution and film festivals in your country. For the latest updates on broadcast dates & times, and screenings in your area—sign up for the e-newsletter, and join us on Facebook. For the DVD, we may be able to sell to some territories depending on the distribution situation in the given country.